Saturday, July 07, 2007

The Stamps Quartet
The Best in Southern Gospel Music!
A week ago on a Saturday night, Mike and I drove to Benbrook, Texas, to hear the world-famous Stamps Quartet. They are so world famous...and so southern gospel music...that I had never heard of them, nor had I ever heard them spoken of! Until I met Mike, that is. And so, we weathered torrential rain, black clouds, slick streets and made our way to the First Baptist Church of Benbrook. Mike was very determined that I hear this group of male vocalists.

And I was astonished, to say the least. Never, and I mean never, have I heard more beautiful tenor, baritone and bass voices. The quartet sang very traditional hymns of our faith, and then some lively southern gospel arrangements. Not only was it beautiful and entertaining, it was worshipful and inspiring. I was moved to tears more than once.

Please access their home page and if you are in the area where they are performing, please make an effort to attend. You'll be glad you did!

Love to all my readers!

~Angie~


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fifth man in the picture of the "quartet" is the outstanding pianist Andy. His fingers simply fly over the keyboard. Angie was actually speechless after a beautiful solo of "You'll Never Walk Alone" - and you know how seldom she is speechless.

Mike

12:12 AM  
Blogger Rachel V said...

I was just telling Mike the other day that I have a soft spot in my heart for Southern Gospel music. I guess that's my southern roots that will never die.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home