Sunday, July 22, 2007

And so....what shall we call her when she marries Granddaddy?



Shortly after my engagement to dear Mike, the grandchildren wanted to know what my name would be! Maw Maw (no...absolutely not!) Grandma? Nanna? Yiayia(Greek word for Grandmother)? Angie? Granddaughter Sarah, age 8, came up with an adorable name suggestion and it was forwarded to me by her mother. I loved the name idea...my own children did, too (especially since they wanted me to reserve "YiaYia" for their own children, their unique heritage)....and so, to the B______ grandchildren I am affectionately known as "Grangie"...and I love it!!

So, Grangie took care of three of the four grandchildren last Saturday, while Sharon and Dad/Granddaddy worked on clearing out the Dallas home we will share together once we are married. I had a wonderful day with the three children...ages 8, 6 and 3. I drove Sharon's large Ford SUV with the car seats and planned a day of shopping, lunch at McDonalds, home-made birthday cake project in my kitchen (it is baby Peter's first birthday), and also home-made chocolate chip cookies.

We did our shopping at Target so that the children could meet my daughter, Karen, who works at the Starbucks at our Super-Target. The look on Karen's face said it all once she saw me with a full shopping cart and 3 children...."Mother, are you sure you are up to this?" And my response was a full-grinning "YES"... And I had a blast indeed! Here are some photos of our day...I was tired at the end, but very fulfilled with my first day as "Grangie"...


3-year old John, loving the cake batter spatula!
















He has the most endearing smile!
















Michael, age 6; John, age 3; Sarah, age 8.




















Sarah frosting the birthday cake.
















The finished product and three proud siblings ready to celebrate baby brother's birthday!
















The birthday boy, adorable Peter!















The Rainforst Cafe...Michael



















Sarah and John at the Rainforest Cafe

2 Comments:

Blogger carol grams said...

I LOVE GRANGIE!!! What a fun day!!! what did you say to me...'buffalo wings to sushi"! Congrats!!
carol grams

7:23 PM  
Blogger lorieloo said...

GRANGIE!!!! I LOVE IT !!!

Too fun!

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home