Wednesday, June 13, 2007

It is with a glad heart that I share this wonderful announcement!

Our God works in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform! At a time in my life when I was uncertain what the future might hold for me in terms of companionship...I meet a most kind, gentle, wonderful Christian man. His name is Mike. You've seen him elsewhere on my blog site. We've spent many hours together becoming acquainted: Long conversations, enjoyable dates, weekend trips to meet family, dinners with friends and family members, walks, concerts, excursions, talks, discussions, and more talks and more discussions! And then a couple of weeks ago, we both realized we were in love with each other and that being together was true joy for both of us. And so we start a new chapter of our lives, in these our "senior" years. Mike asked me to marry him over Memorial Day Weekend in Georgetown, TX ... and I said "YES"!

My dear Mike and me, moments after presenting me with my ring.

My gorgeous solitaire princess cut engagement ring, in a white palladium cathedral setting.


Anschar Diamonds has a gorgeous showroom...Can you see Audrey Hepburn in the beautiful window? Her tiara and an amazing diamond ring and necklace is also showcased in the display window.
To say the least, I'm a bit emotional and Mike is as well! It was an evening to remember!






We celebrated with Mike's dear friends (and now mine as well), Mike and Debbie S. (yes, lots of "Mike's" within our family and friends). These two individuals are terrific Christian parents, church members, and citizens of this great country we live in. I'm looking forward to spending good times with them in the months to come.




I've also shared our news with my monthly fellowship group. It was a blessing to have their support; Mike has enjoyed getting to know them and we'll continue to participate in this Care Group.


And so, Family and Friends! The news is now public! We have not yet set a date. We are visiting with family members on both sides and considering options. We'll keep you posted! At this point we are thinking "small, intimate, and meaningful"...

I'll close with this... I am blessed and honored to be the object of Mike's affection! He is a treasure and I love him dearly. I will always look at him as God's merciful gift to me at this time in my life. We are both happy beyond our greatest expectations.

1 Comments:

Blogger lorieloo said...

Congrats Auntie!
What if you were to get married at his kid's beautiful home in Georgetown?! How beautiful and quaint for such a beautiful couple.

Lots of love!

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home