Friday, May 11, 2007

Catching up on lost time...as in 25 years plus!

When I was in the fifth grade at Proctor Terrace Elementary School in my hometown in California, I was blessed with an amazing circle of little girlfriends! We did everything together...trick-or-treating on Halloween; birthday parties at each other's houses; blue birds and camp fire girls; trading "charms" at recess; going steady with boys during junior high; cheerleading and drill team; summer school and summer camp; first dates; first cars; first kisses...oh my gosh...such memories!

Tonight I rekindled four relationships with women I hadn't seen in 25-40 years...literally. Donna and Diane (fraternal twins), Peggy (their dear, beautiful mother of 83 years young), Eloise, my grade school and junior high friend, and my dearest sister, Pam. We shared hugs, and kisses, and laughter and tears as we shared our joys, disappointments, successes and regrets over the past 25-30 years. Peggy, Diane and Eloise had to leave after an hour. I was so caught up in the conversation that I forgot to snap their photos before they left....I'm so bummed! But, Pam did snap this photo of our hostess, Donna, and me! I treasure it! I've been invited to our 40th class reunion in August...and I really want to go...we'll see if I can make it happen.

Here's to the next twenty-five years, dearest girlfriends, with my heartfelt love and affection!

Angie and Donna, class of 1967

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home