Monday, May 07, 2007

Aren't they handsome?
And they can sing and play great jazz music, too!

I had a wonderful time this evening with Mike...he took me to see The Four Freshmen at the Irving Arts Center, and that was after a great Tilapia dinner at my favorite seafood restaurant, Rockfish.

This great foursome pictured above sang songs from the 50's...most were very familiar, but some were new to me. The lyrics were beautiful...soft and romantic...endearing love stories sung in melodious harmony. There is nothing that comes close to live music! The horn player (he played Cornet tonight, versus trumpet) was very skilled; each of his solos reminded me so much of my father...tonight's music indeed reflected that of the famed handsome, Greek, Northern Californian trumpet player and musician of the 60's and 70's...my dearest Dad!

And having Mike as my date certainly added a warm sparkle to the evening. So Mike, if you're reading this, thanks for a great dinner, meaningful conversation, fun laughter, and terrific music! I'm looking forward to our next outing...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. Thanks, I'm looking forward to our next outing too.
Mike

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, sounds like you two are having too much fun! Missing you, sis! Guess who?

6:20 PM  
Blogger Angela B said...

Miss you, too, Sis....it must be sister Deb, or sister-in-law Carol!
Reveal yourself!
Love, Angie

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Aunt Angie: Looks like this was a great night of music! It's fun seeing you again in Santa Rosa.

Love, nephew David

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home