Saturday, March 10, 2007

Imagine The Beatles playing in concert with a symphony orchestra! What would that have sounded like?




Well...I heard it tonight...and it was nothing short of spectacular! The performers are pictured above...they sound JUST LIKE John, Paul George and Ringo, and they look like them, too. They were nothing short of amazing...vocally, instrumentally, physically...and the Morton Meyerson Symphony Center was almost sold out! The encore numbers brought the spectators to their feet, arms swaying; cell phones lit and moving to the beat of the music; DSO musicians dancing to "Twist and Shout" on stage...for real!! (No, Sarah...Sloman wasn't one of them; neither was Kitzman nor Atkins...but there were 4 violinists rockin' and rollin' on stage...)

This was an amazing experience; I found myself mouthing the words to almost all of the performed songs...and a couple of times I even found myself choked-up from the nostalgia of it all. The 60's and 70's were truly amazing decades. I'm so pleased I was a part of it all...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like it would have been a really fun concert! Sorry we missed it. And I love your trees in the front yard.

5:15 AM  
Blogger carol grams said...

duane and i saw a group called the Fab Four in an outdoor concert! they were truly amazing also! Sounds like fun...I can feel the nostalgia,
carola

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom,
Glad you had such a great time! There must be more than one Beatles group out there...it seems to be the trend!

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home