Sunday, February 05, 2006

The Angela Adventures

"To Breathe....or Not To Breathe...is that even a question???"

Okay...ready, deep breath, step in, pull the straps up, zip, zip, zip some more...and...it....fits! Praise God!

Yes... the lovely, shimmery, plum colored, never-been-worn evening dress and jacket purchased last year fits even a little bit better than I expected. BUT...I can't gain an ounce of weight, and it would behoove me to lose 5 lbs. between now and March 11th. Oh...my dear Christian friends...pray for my will power. I have a week-long business trip at a swank hotel coming up, and an anniversary, too! But...I exercised 6 times this past week, and hope to do 7 times this coming week. Burn, burn, burn those calories.

I don't want to buy another dress when this one is perfectly lovely. I did decide to buy a very substantial "undergarment" to give me the appearance of sleek and slender...I may not be able to breathe, but I'll look terrific!

Thirty-four days until Karen's wedding. We are almost ready...we just have the concern of everything coming together smoothly at this point. All the pieces of the puzzle are on the table, now we just have to put them together.

Keep praying for our patience and our planning! Karen has done an awesome job! I do a pretty good job with the checkbook and the credit card, too!

Another work week is upon me. I had the honor of serving as a screener for the 2005/2006 Verizon Excellence award nominees. I learned that my team, with myself as leader, was again recommended for an award this year! We passed the initial screening and are now on our way to final judging. I'm so grateful to the Lord!

Love to my readers...
Angela/"Mom"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom,
You are WAY too preoccupied with those 5 pounds! You are too beautiful to be concerned so much with your appearance...you will light up the aisle on your walk down, I know it! No worries...though I understand how you feel. I was chastised for wanted "non-fat" and "no-whip" in my latte this evening...

XOXOXOXOXOXXOXOXOX

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home