Sunday, January 29, 2006

Work...work...work...a never-ending circle of starting and stopping!

Whether it be my job, my home, my projects, my reading, my weight-loss and excercise routine, whatever.....it seems like I'm never finished...and yet I'm always starting afresh, starting again, starting over, starting...starting...starting...and never feeling finished, finished, finished! Never feeling like I've accomplished something worthwhile; sometimes feeling failure...sometimes feeling despair...sometimes feeling ambivalence; always feeling tired!!! Hmmmm....something to think about; something to pray about; something to give over to God.

I have so many mixed feelings today...I feel "fat"; I feel "unfulfilled"; I feel like I'm running inside the wheel of the hamster cage, yet never shedding a pound; I feel like I need a change of scenery; I feel like I need someone to tell me I'm valuable! Hmmm....monopause, maybe? One thing I have done well...I've managed to stay with my "read the Bible in a year" schedule. Please, dear God...help me not to fail at this! Show me in your wonderful Word, how valued a daughter of the King I actually am! Show me that even in the mundane, you have a purpose. Show me that a smile can be healing, a breath of fresh air can be rejuvenating, and a day of rest can be the richest gift I can receive.

More later...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom...

You are beautiful, valuable, and significant in every respect.

Don't lend Satan your ears in believing otherwise.

You are in my prayers. Let's talk outside the WWW soon...

10:32 PM  
Blogger Rachel V said...

Dear Mom,

I echo Sarah's sentiments - you are indeed valuable, a treasured possession of the Living God who loves you more than we can imagine. His strength is made perfect in our weakness, and it is when we feel most incapable that we truly begin to rely on the One who is able. He will give you the victory over all these battles - just as he gave the little shepherd boy David the victory over that great Philistine, Goliath. His strength is perfect! Lean on Him. And lean on us - we love you!

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home