Sunday, January 22, 2006

The Angela Adventures

To the tune of "76 Trombones in the Big Parade"...

"Forty-six short days before the daughter weds...
A hundred-and-one details left to do..."

But the fun never ceases, and Karen has the planning under control! From cakes to flowers to DJ's to church decor, to bridal portraits, to showers given and showers to come...the girl is amazing!!! I've loved helping her with meetings and decisions, but she has truly done the work on her own. I'm so proud of her, and the event will be more than lovely! It will be filled with elegant beauty and Texas flavor...all rolled into one memorable, romantic, effervescent, long-remembered evening.

Me? I'm starting to get a little "weepy"...I'm struggling with the realization that I won't have my warm, morning chats with Karen any more. I struggle when I look in the mirror and realize I still have 8 lbs. to lose to fit into the dress I want to wear to her wedding. I sigh when I think of the "food events" that face me, and the self-control I seem to lack. BUT...I have a new motivator right now called..........CURVES! Yes, I've joined the group of middle-aged (meaning age 50 and higher) women who have committed to the resistance training of this amazing little workout regiment. I have a 30 day complimentary pass...after two visits I have screaming muscles and a new determination to shed some body fat.

I just finished reading a book that was really good...not anything that the "academic population" might want to indulge in, but truly a remarkable memoir of the legendary commedienne, Carol Burnett. I loved reading it; I loved following her zest for the theatre and for performance opportunities. I loved admiring her devotion to her Nanny who raised her under extreme poverty conditions. I loved tracing her fame through UCLA...where she worked so hard to earn her degree and pay for tuition simultaneously. While there was nothing spectacular about her spiritual life, there was something very magnetic about her drive, her focus, and her determination. And then there was the connection with her daughters...Oh, do I love daughterly connections...smile!! Carol Burnette - One More Time - A Memoir

I've kept up with "the Bible in a Year"...I posted a comment on my previous blog.

Love to all my readers/fans!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom,
So glad you found a gym and some new motivation to keep excersizing! I wish I had one close by...and I know what you mean about wanting to look good in your dress. Mine is a size 4! I sneaked a Nonni's biscotti this evening before bed...oh dear...

9:15 PM  
Blogger Angela B said...

And I had some animal crackers this afternoon....double "oh dear"...

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home